Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tyra Banks: Be Your Own CE) - Step 5 - Build Relationships

Tyra says

Build Relationships! Networking is so important in building your business and your brand! All good C
EOs got to where they are because of the relationships they built throughout their careers. Part of the reason I am where I am today is because of the all the great people I have met along the way! I never would have accomplished my dreams without the help of others. Here are some of my best-kept networking secrets!

Number ONE is treat every relationship like a business relationship. Always be professional! You never know who you are going to end up working with. I met André years before I ever dreamed he would be a judge on ANTM!

Go to industry events and put yourself out there. Meeting other people who work in your field is key. Identify the top players and introduce yourself.

Always carry business cards! You never know when or where you are going to meet the person who could change your life, so you better be prepared at all times!

Action points:

1. Business card

2. What industry things can I use for further exposure?

I had become aware of this before. Since starting to actively pursue my dream of being a working writer, I have been getting out there in the writing community. As a result, opportunities are starting to open up for me. My existing business card design was nothing terribly impressive. I discussed things with a graphic designer friend who gave me some good ideas about how to be both simplistic and yet memorable and a new card will be printed quite soon. I always have business cards in my wallet, with more in my cardholder in my backpack or whatever else I may be carrying on the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment