Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tyra Banks: Be Your Own CEO - Step 3 - Dress to Impress

Tyra says

Dress to Impress!
You represent yourself and your company. When going to work or meetings you should look clean and polished. Like I said last week, first impressions are key and clothing is the first thing people will judge you on. I don’t always like to be dressed up, but I wear heels to all of my meetings. Here are some tips on dressing to impress!


1. You should own at least one nice blazer. A blazer is something that will dress up any outfit and make you look professional.

2. Have a pair of classic pumps. They don’t have to be stilettos, but a little added height is always good. Your heels should be a professional color like black or brown.

3. Be comfortable! Whatever you are wearing you should be comfortable. You need to be able to concentrate on what you are working on and not worrying about what you wearing.


Action points:
1. stop dressing like a hippy bum all the time

2. start dressing like a professional once more


As I am neither female nor a crossdresser, the specifics about actual dress are not applicable to me but the intent of the steps certainly are.

I think confidence and appearance can go hand-in-hand. If I want to be a professional, I need to look the part as well as act the part. This does not mean designer clothes and always in a suit. But taking care to look at least neat at all times can make a positive impression, rather than the sloppy habits I have gotten into. Being aware of this makes me more likely to continue to keep it mind. So far, I am putting it into practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment