Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tyra Banks: Be Your Own CEO - Step 6 - Practice Humility

Tyra says

Practice humility! Throughout my life, I have been lucky enough to meet lots of super successful people and they all have one thing on common- they all are the most humble people th
at I know! It seems like the more successful you are, the more humble you become. Not sure what that means? Being humble means that you are modest about your accomplishments and never arrogant (who likes a bragger??).

Being humble is something that you should try to be no matter how much you have accomplished. Here are my top tips on how to practice humility every day:

- Take credit for what you should and give credit to those who deserve it.

- If you think that you already know it all, you’re wrong! There are always things you can learn by listening to others.

- Don’t take yourself too seriously and be able to laugh at yourself! I may have been a supermodel, but I can always put on a silly face for the camera!

Action points:

1. Always bear in mind where I have come from and who I owe things to.

2. Listen to those who have been there before.

3. Be able to laugh at myself - in moderation

No comments:

Post a Comment